Palliative Care Micro-credential
Start Any Day. Any Time. 40 Hours to Complete.
Earn an in-demand certificate in Palliative Care today. This course focuses on what to expect while supporting a client at the end of life and what is expected from you. You will be prepared for working with the families and know how to cope with loss in a healthy way. Student will appreciate and have a much better understanding of the dynamics of the dying process. This micro-credential is beneficial course for Support Workers, Nurses and Family Caregivers.
The course discussed the pathways the body takes during end of life. You will also get to explore the different ways death is celebrated by various cultures and religions in an interactive and supportive environment.
The Virtual Experience
Simulated Palliative Care Room with a Submersive experience for learners to apply the lessons learned with an opportunity to debrief with their instructor.
- The Culture of Death and Dying
- The Physical Signs: Identifying the changes in the body during the end of life, system by system
- Supporting the Symptoms: holistic care approach using the five dimensions of health
- Uniqueness of Grief: Supporting the client, their loved ones, and caregivers through grief.
- The Goals of Palliative Care: an ethical approach
- The Final Hours: signs and symptoms of imminent death and post mortem care.
Animations & Models that Bring Learning Alive
- Animation showing the outwardly visual changes to a person while dying
- Animation showing the progression of pressure sores
- Augmented Reality Dying Body to explore system by system.
Duration: Total length of the program is 40 hours. Our experienced Nurse Educators will coach you throughout the process.
Certificate: Upon successful completion of the program you will receive an IBT College Palliative Care Certificate. A Palliative Care Certificate is in-demand now by many employers seeking Home Support Workers and Personal Support Workers in Ontario. It is a strongly recommended to upgrade your skills in this area.
Technical Specs: Our hybrid classes offer an online experience utilizing Augmented Reality, 3D Models, Videos and Virtual Simulation. A desktop or laptop is recommended. VR Goggles are welcomed for a full, richer experience. If you do not have VR Goggles, you can complete the tasks on a laptop or a desktop. IBT College provides technical support.
- Government-Issued Photo ID
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent
- Mature student ,18 years or older.
- IELTS 6.0 (B2) or equivalent *
*For international students only
All fees are included.